Saturday, September 1, 2012

Welcome to the Land of Smiles

How can you not like somewhere nicknamed the Land of Smiles? A country where the majority is Buddhist? Where peace reigns, conflict is avoided at all costs, and people strive to preserve their traditions while hurtling toward modernity? Where tourists come to visit and end up staying? After hearing so many rave reviews from other travelers, I knew that I would have to see this warlock for myself. Why not? Jobs aren't exactly growing on trees in the states, and I seem to be better at living in strange developing countries than in my homeland anyway.  So welcome, everyone, to the third installment of my travel blog writing! I have been blessed with the opportunity to see some interesting corners of the world, and I feel that the least I can do is provide some adventurous anecdotes to those back home who have supported me through the years. So thank you, and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Great perspective, Fo! You go, do the nitty gritty of travelling uncertainty, and let us live vicariously through you and your good writing!!

    ReplyDelete